Interested? Read on...
The Customer Service Representative provides front-line operational support for the Veterans Experience Office's premier Contact Center. In this role, you will assist callers by directing them to proper resources to address questions, issues, and complaints. Phone calls are from a wide variety of individuals including Veterans and their family members and/or representatives.
The Bowen Group has front-line customer service positions supporting the Veterans Experience Office at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs available.
Currently, our Team is teleworking from home; however, you must have the capability to work onsite at our Shepherdstown office.
I am passionate about helping others.
At Bowen, you will get:
I have empathy.
I excel at communicating.
If this describes you, our Veterans need You!
- $16.73/ hr.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and more for FREE
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Understand and explain Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) services or procedures
- Ask clarifying questions to identify complex or vague requests for VA services and information
- Accurately record details of calls and other service requests in an expected time frame
- Select appropriate VA services to meet the specific needs of customers
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with VA employees, outside agencies and the public
- Utilize a multi-screen computer system including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of callers
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks
The Bowen Group gives preferential consideration to U.S. Military Veterans or Veteran family members.
- Six months of work experience in customer service environment
- Ability to hardwire to High-Speed Internet (no Wi-Fi) with a minimum 25 Mbps download without delay / Minimum 10 Mbps upload without delay
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Ability to work under pressure including calm and effective dealing with escalating or difficult calls
- Capability to "think on your feet" to offer additional solutions to problems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the military and veteran community programs is a plus
- U.S. Military Veteran or Veteran family members receive additional consideration
- Ability to pass a federal NACI background check- you must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card Holder
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Health and Dental Insurance - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen!
- Group Life insurance - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen!
- Short-term Disability - Employee Premiums 100% paid by Bowen!
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- 11 Paid Federal Holidays
The Bowen Group provides support to federal government clients. Some of these clients may require our employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you may be required to disclose your vaccination status as a condition of employment.
The Bowen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.The Bowen Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and require assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by contacting us at email@example.com Note: This accessibility is intended for individuals requiring accommodations and should not be used to check on the status of your application. Inquiries not specific to requesting accommodation will be discarded. The Bowen Group participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program.