Requisition Id 10043
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. We are seeking a Cybersecurity Research Engineer who will support the Cybersecurity Research Group in the Cyber Resilience and Intelligence Division, National Security Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Help design, configure, and run advanced cybersecurity experimentation testbeds
- Write software to support cutting edge research and facilitate Proof of Concept demonstrations
- Implement, evaluate, and enhance machine learning pipelines for cybersecurity applications
- An MS or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, or a related field completed within the last 5 years
- Familiarity with object oriented programming, agile software development, and multiple programming languages (Python and C preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative teams across the laboratory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs
- US citizen
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and microservices
- Familiarity with basic machine learning and data analysis pipelines (ingestion, cleaning, feature selection, hyperparameter tuning)
- Experience deploying vendor technologies in range environments
- Experience with reverse engineering tools
- US Q or TS Clearance
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the “About” tab at jobs.ornl.gov.
Q or L clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.