Requisition Id 11193
Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security.
We are seeking a part time Software Engineer who will support the Emerging Cyber Group in the Cyber Resilience and Intelligence Division, National Security Sciences Directorate at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL).
- Write software to support the research goals of our sponsors.
- Conduct common data analysis tasks such as data cleaning, exploratory analysis, model generation, and visualizing results so that they can be communicated to a lay audience.
- Read academic papers in order to understand the methods described and translate them into computer code, modifying as necessary for the application at hand.
- Deliver ORNL's mission by aligning behaviors, priorities, and interactions with our core values of Impact, Integrity, Teamwork, Safety, and Service. Promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility by fostering a respectful workplace - in how we treat one another, work together, and measure success.
- Familiar with python and C programming languages
- Experience using machine learning libraries and frameworks, such as keras and scikit-learn
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in a computer science related field at an accredited university
- US Citizen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in collaborative teams across the laboratory
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced research environment, set priorities to accomplish multiple tasks within deadlines, and adapt to ever changing needs
For more information about our benefits, working here, and living here, visit the “About” tab at jobs.ornl.gov.
HSPD-12 PIV badge: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain an HSPD-12 PIV badge.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.