Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Enterprise Assurance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers critical assurance disciplines that protect and enable people, data and missions. We provide a comprehensive approach to managing risk across the enterprise for current and future information environments where the business and missions execute. We apply the use of innovative tools and robust processes to ensure mission and business success.
Threat Intelligence Analyst I
The Threat Intelligence – Supply Chain Security position will be part of a team that performs Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) through cyber threat analysis, open-source research and vetting, and continuous monitoring in order to develop strategies and mitigations to protect Ball Aerospace from various supply chain threats. In this role, you will conduct risk, criticality, and vulnerability assessments to evaluate and prioritize supply chain vendors and the impact these vendors may have on Ball Aerospace, its programs, and missions. Additionally, you will help formulate supply chain mitigations and integrate risk management and supply chain security processes throughout Ball Aerospace’s business and support units. This role also includes the protection and enforcement of Ball Aerospace’s cyber supply chain security capabilities and requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Ball Aerospace Security and Mission Assurance by providing investigative expertise within the supply chain security program framework and engage with various areas of Ball Aerospace’s Integrated Supply Chain to support acquisition and SCRM policies, processes, and procedures.
- Partner with Strategic Business Units to identify, analyze, and mitigate third-party security risks associated with suppliers and products.
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate supplier base cybersecurity and counterintelligence risks with respect to their potential impact on Ball Aerospace’s supply chain through the supplier information security review process for all new suppliers and periodic reviews of existing suppliers.
- Develop, disseminate, and maintain risk analysis reporting for the supplier/vendor base.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of supplier/vendor cyber hygiene and organizational change affecting risk to Ball Aerospace.
- Evaluate suppliers’ eligibility to receive covered defense information (CDI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) based on companies’ adherence to DoD regulations and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards.
- Provide support for investigations efforts alongside Counterintelligence, Insider Threat, Supply Chain, and Physical Security teams. Produce reports on incidents at Ball Aerospace and within its supply chain.
- Utilize and maintain third-party supply chain intelligence tools.
- Monitor and mitigate supplier security issues associated with security control gaps.
- Educate and build enterprise awareness of supply chain security risks and requirements.
- Continuously work to improve the overall supply chain security process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA plus 2 or more years of intelligence analyst experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience within one or more of the following:
- Supporting Supply Chain Risk Management or Supply Chain Procurement
- Economic or Industrial Espionage Analysis
- Critical Asset Protection
- Cyber Threat Operations or Threat Intelligence
- Analytical support to Intelligence Community or Military
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Defense Industrial Base (DIB) or Aerospace specific SCRM Analysis
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to independently research and solve technical issues.
- Experience with analytical tools and methods such as link analysis, cyber analysis, and risk management analysis.
- Familiarity with federal acquisition and supply chain security guidelines, policies, and regulations such as the NIST Special Publication 800-series and various Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clauses pertaining to DoD contractors and the defense industrial base.
- Experience working within high paced environment.
- Excellent teaming skills.
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A security clearance or access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position. However, the applicant must be willing and eligible for submission, depending on program requirements, after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $85,500 - $116,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.